Dynamic cone penetrometer
used to estimate the strength characteristics of fine and grained of in situ soils.
Dynamic cone penetrometer is faster, cheaper and valuable tool for identifying weak spots in embankments, measuring uniformity of material and locating boundaries of subcuts and also be used to delineate between layers of frozen and unfrozen soils. (It should not be used in highly stabilized or cemented materials or for granular materials containing aggregates greater than 50mm)
Model 16-T0012/C dynamic cone penetrometer FEATURES:
• Portable, hand-operated equipment.
• The TRL DCP is an instrument designed for the rapid insitu measurement of the structural properties of
existing road pavements constructed with unbound materials.
• A typical test takes only a few minutes and therefore the instrument provides a very effi cient method of
obtaining information that would normally require the digging of test-pits.
• The results can be interpreted and compared with CBR specifi cations for pavement design
• One year warrantee against any manufacturing defects.
Standard: ASTM D 6951-03
The instrument is manufactured from stainless steel to the following specifications:
Weight measurement of 8 Kg. Tolerance is 0.004K- Drop of hammer measurement of 575mm. Tolerance is 1.0mm.
- Tip included angle measurement of 60 degrees. Tolerance is 1 degree. - Tip base diameter measurement of 20mm. Tolerance is 0.25mm.
16-T0012/C1 Sliding hammer (steel made) weighing 8 kg
16-T0012/C2 Impact anvil driving rod and clip, falling 575 mm
16-T0012/C3 Steel rod, diameter 16 mm, up to a depth of 800 mm below the surface
16-T0012/C4 N° 3 threaded end cones in tempered steel,20 mm diameter, 60° cone angle
16-T0012/C5 Bearing plate and measuring rod with adjustable scale (graduated in mm)
16-T0012/C6 Wooden carrying case
ACCESSORIES AND SPARE PARTS: (need to be ordered seperately)
16-T0012/A7 Extension rods: 400 mm, dia. 16mm