Us Imported Soil Standard Pocket Penetrometer
|FOB Price:||US $200-500 / Piece|
|Min. Order:||1 Piece|
|Min. Order||FOB Price|
|1 Piece||US $200-500/ Piece|
|Production Capacity:||5000 Sets/Month|
|Payment Terms:||L/C, T/T, Western Union, Paypal, Money Gram|
- Model NO.: 16-T0171
- Transport Package: Standard Export Packages
- Origin: China Mainland
- Trademark: C-TECH
- Specification: dia. 7/8" x 6-1/4"
- HS Code: 90248000
Soil standard pocket penetrometer
This pocket penetrometer provides accurate measurements of the compressive soil strength. This 6-1/4'' unit is spring-operated, and it measures strength in tons/sq. ft. or kg/sq. cm by pushing a 1/4'' diameter loading piston into soil to a depth of 0.25''. The end area is a 0.25'' compressive load which is indicated by reading a scale on the piston barrel. A friction ring indicates maximum reading. Made of anodized aluminum. An Allen wrench and plastic carrying case with belt loop are included. A special 1in-diameter adapter foot is available as an option for use in very sensitive soils.
A pocket penetrometer is required by OSHA on all excavation jobs, and it can help protect you from costly lawsuits and construction delays.
The pocket penetrometer is easy to use with easy-toread results. Penetrometer is easy to use: push the indicating ring to the highest point touching the body and insert the piston until the calibration mark is level with the soil. The easy-to-read scale indicates strength from 0 to 4.5 tons per sq ft. The reading is maintained until manually reset.
Penetrometer is constructed from anodized aluminum and measures 6-1/4"Lx 7/8" dia. Use an Allen wrench to loosen
the stainless steel pin for cleaning.
• The new pocket penetrometer, weighing less than 5 ounces, reduces the human error in classification of cohesive soils.
• The penetrometer can also be used with the torsional vane shear tester (TVST) for rapid estimation of the degree of internal friction of soil.
• The pocket penetrometer is now required by OSHA on most excavation jobs and its use is mandated in the OSHA manual titled "Construction Standards for Excavation".
• It is a spring operated device used to measure compressive strength by pushing a 0.25" (6.4mm) diameter loading piston into the material being measured up to a calibration groove machined on the piston 0.25 from the end., "easy-to chew" chunks.